GREEN BAY, WI (WTAQ) - A small fire at Lambeau Field caused around $5,000 worth in damages.
The call went out around 2 p.m. Wednesday after flames were spotted in a void between walls on the 4th floor, where construction on the stadium is taking place.
Construction crews were cutting a metal beam near a finished area between the Oneida Gate and new Shopko Gate entrances. Sparks fell inside a stairwell wall and sparked insulation on fire.
Fire crews had to let the fire burn a little bit because they couldn't immediately get water to the 4th floor. A ladder truck was needed because the building’s emergency water pipes for putting out fires were not operational yet because of construction.
Authorities from Green Bay and Ashwaubenon reported to the scene.
One firefighter suffered a minor injury.