SHOREWOOD, WI (WTAQ) - North Shore fire crews used the ladder to rescue of person from the second floor of a burning home in Shorewood early Saturday morning.
Firefighters were told a person was trapped in a home in the 2700 block of East Jarvis Avenue with heavy smoke and flames visible.
The person was rescued immediately, treated on the scene and taken to Columbia-St. Mary’s Hospital with smoke inhalation and burns.
The fire was quickly put out, but did an estimated $50,000 in damage. Nobody else was injured, but a dog apparently died in the fire.