WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI (WSAU) - Donations are being welcomed for a Wisconsin Rapids family that is having an especially bad winter. Joshua and Jessica Reeves home burned very early Tuesday morning. Thanks to smoke alarms, they woke up and safely escaped with their two young daughters, 5-year-old Vanessa and 1-year-old Maddelyn. Their two dogs and the cat also made it out safely. Everything else was lost.
Firefighters say the cause of the blaze may have been either attic wiring or the woodstove, but they haven’t completed their investigation yet.
The family did not have renter’s insurance, since they dropped it to save money until they could get back to work.
Several people have already brought them food, clothing, and some other things to help out. A neighbor set up a bank account to accept contributions at Bulls Eye Credit Union. Donations of any kind can be taken to the house they’re presently staying at, which is 1061 14th Street South, Wisconsin Rapids 54494.
This is not their only bit of bad luck. The Reeves family was involved in a traffic crash in December which totalled their pickup truck.