On Air Now

Current Show

The Mark Levin Show   5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Call The Mark Levin Show at 1-877-381-3811

Show Info »

Upcoming Shows

Program Schedule »


Listen Live Now » 550 AM Wausau, WI 99.9 FM Stevens Point, WI


Current Conditions(Wausau,WI 54403)

More Weather »
66° Feels Like: 66°
Wind: SW 10 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0”
Current Radar for Zip


Clear 44°


Sunny 72°

Tues Night

Partly Cloudy 47°


Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS / UPDATE: Wausau police confirm Stephanie Low's body was found in Wabeno; person of interest Kristopher Torgerson to be charged with homicide

WAUSAU, Wis (WSAU)  Wausau police say Stephanie Low's body has been found. Police revealed at a news conference today that a person of interest in her death, Kristopher Torgerson, led police to her body on September 19th. The body has since been positively ID'ed by the state crime lab. The autopsy lists 'homicide' as the cause of death. Torgerson had been questioned nearly four years ago after she had first disappeared. Wausau PD say he was in custody on other charges, and agreed to sh...

Read More »

Teen in custody after Nekoosa school lockdown Monday


NEKOOSA, WI (WSAU) -  A high school student was taken into custody yesterday after Nekoosa High School was locked down for a possible weapons threat. So far, there’s no comment on why the student was arrested, since a search of the building and grounds found no weapon.

All was clear by late afternoon, and the Monday night band concert went on as planned. Classes are being held as usual today.

Superintendent Terry Whitmore says a student reported to staff members during the lunch period that there might be a weapon in the high school. At that point, Whitmore says the lockdown was initiated to keep students and staff safe.  "Working with Nekoosa Police Department, it was determined that the building needed to be searched before resuming normal operations.  We quickly notified parents of the threat, and we also shared with them the procedures we were going to use for student dismissal.  We did release students early."

Students that drove to school were released on their own, and those that needed to ride the buses were kept for about an hour at a nearby business facility. Whitmore says the students were very cooperative and helpful during the incident, saying the emergency planning and practice drills payed off.

Only the high school was under lockdown. The other facilities in the district were not affected.