MOSINEE, Wis. (WSAU) -- A weekend fire in a Mosinee duplex may have been started accidentally by a child. Fire officials say the fire at a duplex off Wisconsin Street began around noon Sunday. They believe a child tried to use the stove without adult supervision, which may have started the fire.
Family members on the other side of the duplex reacted quickly, and everyone was able to get out without injuries.
The building has smoke damage, but no serious structural damage.
Mosinee and Kronenwetter Fire Departments battled put out the fire. The investigation is continuing.