Ghosts don't take a holiday, so we thought we'd give you a list of some of the great places around the state that are haunted year round. These are real locations where people have experienced paranormal activity, and video from some of the crews that investigate them.
For more information on these hauntings, including background stories and eyewitness experiences, pick up the book The Wisconsin Road Guide to Haunted Locations, by Chad Lewis and Terry Fisk.
Haunted Places in the Fox Valley
The Appleton Curling Club
- 615 E. North St. Appleton, WI
- The building is said to be haunted by former members of the club.
- 625 W. Prospect Ave. Appleton, WI
- The mansion is said to be haunted by the former owners, one being A. W. Priest.
- 714 N. Owaissa St. Appleton, WI
- Kate Blood's gravestone is rumored to bleed on certain nights.
- 103 W. College Ave. Appleton, WI
- The building is said to be haunted by Irving Zuelke.
Corner of Breed and State
- West Breed Street and North State Street
- This intersection is said to be haunted by an old woman in a blue scarf and jacket.
- On the right of Sand Acres Drive going south
- The cemetery is supposedly a place where many strange goings-on happens such as a mysterious fog and unexplained lights.
- 276 Linden S. Fond du Lac, WI
- This house is said to be haunted by a young boy.
- 235 N. Jefferson St. Green Bay, WI
- The YMCA is said to be haunted by a young man in his twenties.
- From Hwy 23, go east on North St. It is on both sides of the street
- There is said to be many ghosts that haunt this graveyard. Everywhere from Indian chiefs to Civil Was
- From Hwy 32/57 in Hilbert go east on W Main St and then turn right on N 1st St.
The road will turn left and become E. Main St. Then Hilbert Rd which will turn right. Follow
this until you see a lone tree on the side of the road
- This tree/road is said to be haunted by two men who lost their daughters.
- From Hwy 10 in Menasha, take Cty Rd 47 north, turn left of Valley Rd, and then
drive to Palisades Park
- This road is said to be haunted by a young groom who was killed on the way to his wedding.
The Grand Opera House
- 100 High Ave. Oshkosh, WI
- This theatre is said to be haunted by former workers and dogs.
New Moon CafÈ
- 401 N. Main St. Oshkosh, WI
- This café is said to be haunted by many victims of the Great Oshkosh Fire.
- 1901 Algoma Blvd. Oshkosh, WI
- It is said that this graveyard is haunted by young children.
- 457 N. Main St. Oshkosh, WI
- It is said that this building is haunted by many different ghosts and a cat.
- From Hwy 10 in Readfield, go north on Cty Rd W. The cemetery will be on the left
- There is a certain gravestone in the graveyard that is supposedly haunted by the spiritbeneath.
- From Ripon, go south on Hwy 44/49, then turn left on Cty Rd KK, turn right on Callan Rd. The house will be on the left
- This house which used to belong to a witch is now said to be haunted by many different ghosts. (Private property)
Haunted Places in Green Bay
Captain's Walk Winery
- 345 S. Adams St. Green Bay, WI
- This building is said to be haunted by a former owner named Helen.
National Railroad Museum
- 2285 S. Broadway, Green Bay, WI
- It is said that this museum is haunted by many ghosts, one of them possibly being President Eisenhower.
- 200 N. Broadway, De Pere, WI
- This building is said to be haunted by a past owner.
- After getting off onto Main St. in De Pere, turn left onto Deckner Ave, then
left onto Winchester Way, take the 1st right on Deer Trail after that, and then the 1st right on
Remington Rd. It should be on the left
- This place is said to be haunted by many children and one man.
- 1412 S. Webster Ave. Green Bay, WI
- This restaurant is said to be haunted by murdered mobsters and a former owner.
Regina's 7 Pillars
- 1138 W. Mason St. Green Bay, WI
- This psychic's building is said to be haunted by everything from a young child who died in a fire to an old man who died of stomach cancer.
The Gift Itself
- 125 N. Broadway, Green Bay, WI
- This building is said to be haunted by a six-year-old girl with auburn hair.
- On the corner of Walnut and Washington in Green Bay, WI
- This building is said to be haunted by the former owner, Dr. Bellin.
Lee's Cantonese House
- 2247 University Ave. Green Bay, WI
- This building is said to be haunted. Sometimes you can see glass fall over and hear people talk.
St. Norbert's Dormitories
- 100 Grant St. De Pere, WI
- This college's dormitories are said to be haunted by the man who's trust fund helped build the dormitory and a ghost named Wally.
The Cotton House
- 2640 South Webster Ave. Green Bay, WI
- This house now in Heritage Hill is said to be haunted by either Pricilla Cotton or her father.
Haunted Places in the Peninsula
Shipwrecked Brew Pub
- 7791 State Highway 42, Egg Harbor, WI
- This Inn is said to be haunted by numerous ghosts.
- 4599 State Highway 57, Sturgeon Bay, WI
- This saloon is said to be haunted by a young child, unattached voices, and perhaps the former owner as well.
Rock Island State Park
- Take Hwy 42 to Northport Pier, take the Ferry to Washington Island,
take Main (or Airport) Road north to Jackson Harbor Road and follow it east to Jackson Harbor,
then take the ferry Karfi to Rock Island
- This island is said to be haunted by numerous ghosts.
Gretchen of Range Line Road
- Take Hwy 42 to Northport Pier, take the Ferry to Washington
Island, then take Cty Rd W to Range Line Road
- This road is said to be haunted by a milkmaid named Gretchen.
- RR 1 Box 19, Washington Island, WI
- This bar is said to be haunted by numerous ghosts.
Haunted Places in Maribel
- From Interstate 43, take Hwy 147 east, turn right on Cty Rd R, the Maribel Caves Hotel is on the right
- This hotel is said to be haunted by numerous ghosts.
Haunted Places in Oostburg
- 1140 Park Ave. Oostburg, WI
- It is said that a man who supposedly drowned there haunts the creek.
Haunted Places in Saint Nazianz
- From Saint Nazianz, go south on S 4th Ave. (or Cty Rd A). JFK will be on the right
- This old prep school is said to be haunted by the children and old residents.